Wednesday 18 January 2012

playing around with assistive technology

I think voice commands are going to become huge in the next few years. I get very excited about Dragon Naturally Speaking - the idea of my spoken words appearing as text - well, it's magical.  Trouble with teaching English is there is never any time to play with all the latest innovations because I'm always buried in marking - fat lot of good it does anyone too. Anyway, today I had a little more of a look at Exploratee, which is free onloine library of graphic organizers. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I'll bookmark the site and see where i leads me.


The other website I looked at was storify. I think I just like the name more than anything else. Its supposed to" curate social networks to build social stories, bringing together media scattered across the Web into a coherent narrative". Well, that sounds like looking through a flaky bunch of sites to create an even flakier version of reality. No doubt I will never use this one - it may be worth more than I think on initial viewing, but honestly, not every thought is worth uttering, and that's my biggest complaint about social media.


http://www.exploratree.org.uk/
http://storify.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment