Tuesday 10 January 2012

How easy is it to find a four leaf clover?

I guess I was thinking about lucky charms today (because, like everyone I know, I would like to win the lottery). It turns out I can buy a shamrock off the internet - although I'm not sure they'd really be lucky that way. The website that sells them states that Eve carried one out of the garden of Eden - I'll have to ask Reverend Jim about that on Sunday....sounds pretty fishy!

Of the plants in the photo at left, only the first one is a four leaf clover, and the rest are other plants that look similar, but aren't "real" 4-leafed clovers. Fortunately, the real shamrock comes from white clover, and my lawn is usually full of that in the summer, so I'll have to spend a few hours combing through my weeds when it gets warm enough. How long will that take? Apparently not that long - it's a mutation that occurs about 1 in every 10,000 clovers. I'm putting it on my summer to-do list right now.

http://www.fourleafclover.com/vshop/facts_about_4-leaf_clovers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment