Friday 13 January 2012

If I'm feeling ambitious, what walking tours should I try?

I'm a lazy person, but going on a major walking tour is on my "bucket list". Today I had a few minutes to spare, so I thought I'd start doing a little research to see if I could actually afford/complete a walking tour. My friend Steve did a walking tour in Spain, so when I googled that I came up with the one I think he did, which is called the Camino de Santiago.  One expert says you can do this walk at any fitness level or age - although I think that's pretty optimistic. Still, I have to start somewhere. This particular walk covers northern Spain,from St Jean Pied de Port to finish in Santiago de Compostela about 780 km later, ending at the cathedral that is the burial place for St James. The pictures and sites I visited to get more information are very appealing - the pilgrimage sounds idyllic - not one mention (so far, on this first superficial look) of blisters or pulled muscles...just mile after mile of beauty.
.    
http://www.caminodesantiago.me.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment